Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Official Day 6, Week 1

Well, I think I'm over the hump. I had a major teary meltdown today about how much of a failure I feel, how I haven't really lost anything, and how it's probably my eating habits. Great. Support can be really hard to find, but I found it in my roommate Lindsay. She was SO kind and supportive, and encouraging, reminding me how far I've come strength wise and endurance wise, that now in the second month of insanity, I can really push myself and make my goals.

We made a pact to eat/grocery shop together, so that we can hold each other accountable. Cooking meals for two is so much easier than cooking meals for one. So we have a list of things we'd like to include in our daily intake, and limits on the bad things we'd like to eat. Healthier alternatives, too.

It's really all about the mental attitude for me: if I wake up thinking I can take on the day, I will. If I wake up thinking I don't want to do anything, I'm a failure, what's the point, etc., I won't. Changing how we feel is really hard, but I think having my roommate be so kind and supportive (she did Max Interval Circuit with me tonight) is going to be really helpful in keeping me on track.

Anyway, I feel better now than I did a few hours ago, and there's no where to go but up!


No comments:

Post a Comment